Close to Pinewood, Leavesden and Elstree studios, with their excellent production facilities To arrange a location visit, please call Cherise Fairman 01707 287052 / 07769 534524 or contact by email email@example.com. In addition, we have properties in London which may be available for film crews, please ask for details.
Hatfield House has appeared in a number of TV and feature films over the years. Lord & Lady Salisbury are keen to support the arts, in particular film, which plays such an important role in the economy of the Eastern region.
Some of the productions filmed here include
- Greystoke - The Legend of Tarzan, Lord of the Apes (1984)
- Batman (1989)
- Orlando (1992)
- The Avengers (1998)
- Shakespeare in Love (1998)
- Sleepy Hollow (1999)
- Band of Brothers (2000)
- To Kill a King (2001)
- Tomb Raider (2001)
- The Importance of Being Earnest (2002)
- Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003)
- Vanity Fair (2003)
- The Libertine (2004)
- Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (2004)
- Batman Begins (2005)
- The New World (2005)
- V for Vendetta (2005)
- Hot Fuzz (2006)
- The Golden Age (2006)
- Sherlock Holmes (2008)
- Get Him to The Greek (2009)
- Clash of the Titans (2010)
- The King's Speech (2010)
- Agatha Christie's Poirot - Hallowe'en Party (2010)
- Agatha Christie's Marple - The Secret of Chimneys (2010)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 (2011)
- My Week with Marilyn (2011)
- Sherlock Holmes 2 - Game of Shadows (2011)
For film makersHatfield House is a popular choice for productions. We offer privacy, flexibility and experienced teams to help you make the most of your time with us. The House is closed to the public October - March, but can accommodate film crews at other times by arrangement. In addition to offering one of the finest Jacobean Houses in England, and the Tudor Old Palace, childhood home of Elizabeth I, we have a beautiful 42 acre Garden, planted for year-round colour.
EstateExtensive country Estate; private roads and estate tracks farmland; meadows and paddocks, ancient trees and mixed woodland; formal lawned gardens and parterres, topiary and borders; wildflower meadow and shrubbery; Elizabethan knot garden; vegetable garden; ornamental lake; private river frontage.
BuildingsFarm buildings; modern and period cottages and houses; Victorian estate offices; adjoining 12th century church.
Jacobean House, with sumptuous state rooms:Book-lined library; armoury; fine staircases and fireplaces; dining room; chandeliers; tapestries and furnishings; Victorian kitchen with working period features.
FacilitiesContemporary oak-beamed conference centre; meeting and conference facilities; prestigious on-site catering; 24 hour security; unlimited parking; luxury 5 star hotels within easy reach; wide choice of mid-range accommodation nearby.
- Situated in Hertfordshire, just 21 miles north of London
- London Kings Cross, 25 minutes - entrance opposite station
- 5 mins - A1 junction 4.
- 15 minutes M25, M1 motorways
- Air - London Stansted, 40 mins (direct flights to US), Luton 30 minutes
- Private helicopter landing on site